From KTOE-AM in Mankato, Minnesota –

A Mankato motel is being ordered to clean up a mold issue that poses a public health problem.

The Minnesota Department of Health was called in by State Senator Kathy Sheran after a woman who was visiting Mankato for Vikings Training Camp this week found heavy mold in room 109 at the Quality Inn.

“She was concerned because she was unable to get the staff working there to be responsive of the problem and move her to another room.”

Senator Kathy Sheran of Mankato is the Chair of the Minnesota Senate Human Services Committee. She says the woman watched as wallpaper fell away from the wall, spreading mold into the air.

“She also said that wallpaper came down in the bathroom and there were mold particles in the air. That’s what’s particularly problematic is when people inhale those particles.”

Senator Sheran says she notified the Minnesota Department of Health about the report and forwarded pictures from the customer.

“I have had a follow up email from The Department of Health, indicating that they have looked at the pictures I forwarded to them. They said it was a health risk and that they were going to get on it today.”

Sheran says the Health Department will conduct a full inspection of the motel, and will take room 109 out of service until the problem is resolved.


%d bloggers like this: