From a worker in Las Vegas for two months, at an off-strip “extended stay” motel.
From a major hotel chain’s hallmark property in NYC where the room full of Asian tourists in the next room were smoking so much, that it didn’t just pollute the hallway, it came through the vent into another guests’ room: “It was thick. I took the towel, put it over[…]
From a traveler at park ‘n stay airport hotel who glanced down and saw this at his feet while brushing his teeth.
A guest at a hotel in suburban Lansing found this oddly shaped candle under their pillow.
You have to wonder how the between-the-flights cleaning crew missed this plasma remnant on the window at 6A on a flight from Chicago to St. Louis.
From a Canadian couple spending a fun Christmas break in London, they found this mysterious brown streak on the ceiling of an Air bnb. They tried to give it every benefit of the doubt but could only conclude that somehow dookie ended up right over their bed.
From a business traveler who checked into a Hilton brand in Reston, Virginia (maybe she was being arrested and the officer said “Assume the position”?): Happened to check-in early enough that the sunshine was streaming into what appeared to be a very clean room. Because of the angle of the[…]
From a business traveler in the Bay Area: “I run into this a lot at hotels where lots of Asian tourists will stay. They seem to really like their smokes so they’ll cover the sprinklers and any other smoke detectors with shower caps or ice bucket liners.”
A previous guest left, and housekeeping missed, a dirty and still damp wash cloth at a non-chain hotel in the Pacific Northwest.
There are things you learn with travel. If you’re in any snow-weather zone, especially in markets with rural outlying communities, never ever get a pool-side room on weekends. Long story but the Holidome will be rocking with unsupervised kids as the parents sit on their little faux patios and drink[…]