This is totally healthy. Totally.
At an IHG brand near a major airport where a frozen traveler checking in at midnight made the mistake of looking up in the elevator. Something might have died on the roof of the car and started leaking in.
Apparently there was a small electrical “event” at this hotel in Virginia where they thankfully closed the electric socket.
From a displaced business traveler who got dislocated to a suburban hotel because of a corporate snafu. “There was this GIANT bug in the bathroom light. You could see it’s antenna. That’s gross.”
This is a first: a pill left behind by a previous guest. At an airport hotel in the Twin Cities. The pill was flushed after a lot of contemplation. It was Saturday night. I was bored. What the heck?
From a flight attendant on layover in Nashville: I took the machine down and called the manager, he said sorry and gave me 10,000 points for my discomfort. Sheesh talk about giving the guest a stomach cancer.
“The little black spot was just an imperfection or ‘ding’ but the odd drip stains were definitely from a previous guest”, courtesy of a business traveler in Raleigh.
A broken light fixture in an IHG brand in metro Atlanta.
From a hotel where a guest went to the bar and asked for a couple of bottles of beer to go back to the room. The server asked if he’d like them in a bucket with some ice, so he said “Sure!” and was given a 1987-era Miller Lite bucket[…]
From a hotel that’s between brands where they promised ice machines on the odd numbered floors. Only the 3rd floor had one and surprisingly, it wasn’t working.