This is totally healthy. Totally.
At an IHG brand near a major airport where a frozen traveler checking in at midnight made the mistake of looking up in the elevator. Something might have died on the roof of the car and started leaking in.
From a flight attendant on layover in Nashville: I took the machine down and called the manager, he said sorry and gave me 10,000 points for my discomfort. Sheesh talk about giving the guest a stomach cancer.
“The little black spot was just an imperfection or ‘ding’ but the odd drip stains were definitely from a previous guest”, courtesy of a business traveler in Raleigh.
From a traveler at a Pittsburgh airport hotel on a sleety night. She eventually used a washcloth to cover her finger tips when she turned the heat on.
Long flight from the US, long drive to the hotel and finally a chance to unwind and refresh in the tub. Welcome to Rome.
A frappe’ of bacteria in an ice bucket at an upscale hotel in Edina, Minnesota. Sometimes money does not buy antibiotics.
From a traveler attending a conference in Ann Arbor, a little brown ceiling stain indicating that someone upstairs had a bit of a spill. It wasn’t in the bathroom and those usually correspond floor-to-floor, so it was probably something mundane like water. A lot of water.
Any other city, there could be some reasonable explanations for crusty material that pooled around the drain in the bath tub.
From a family on vacation who tries to explain: “Our daughter went to open the curtains when we checked in and just happened to look up to the little enclosed area where the drapes hang. We spent the rest of our stay trying to guess what it was. My wife[…]